Friday, August 13, 2010

Welcome to Lily-Land

Entirely gratuitous pic of Caroline Cossey
Welcome to my blog.  I hope I can keep it up: discipline is not my greatest asset.  I used to run a movie review blog (under "another name," natch) and I kept at it for a couple of years, then it got to be an obligation, you know?  It got to be I felt I had to write so many posts per week, and with my normal job -- no, I will not tell you what it is -- I have enough obligations, already.

I've promised myself I'm not going to do that this time around, and to celebrate that resolve, I've started two new blogs!  See how that works?  But there's method to my madness, because I am on a Journey.  Yes.  But before you throw up your hands and run away as fast as your peep-toe pumps can carry you, let me explain.

First of all, as you have probably guessed, I am what they call "transgendered."  Chances are, if you're reading this, you are too.  So I'm not going to go through all those long-winded definitional things, except to say that it's a catch-all term which refers to someone whose inner gender doesn't completely match, to one degree or another, what their biology might otherwise ordain.  In other words, I am a t-girl.

... and another of Shinnosuke Peter Ikehata
Personally, I like the term transgender, and not just because it sounds better than "transvestite" or "transsexual," either.  To somebody like me, who's trying to come to terms with the whole thing, it is appealingly non-specific.  It fit any kind of person who has a bit of the gender outlaw about them. And no, I don't mind if people call me a tranny.  As they say down here in the Deep South, just don't call me late for supper.

Anyway, back to the "journey."  After years of toxic suppression, I've come to the conclusion that life's too short, that I need to more fully express my TG-ness . . . or is that transgenderosity? Anyway, I've started the long, uh, journey to that end, and this time, I am determined to do it right.  I'm determined to  choose the right clothes for a woman of my age, not to mention shape, and to acquire all the proper tools and techniques--breast forms, makeup, wigs, etc.--to pull it off.

And so, this blog will be about that process, the process of "coming out," however far that turns out to be.  At least in part -- I hope it will also be fun, serving up some dish, and squealing over cute t-girls, hot guys, and everything in between. After all, I am a tranny.

And the second blog?  It corresponds to the more serious side of my quest, and that's to integrate my feminine "side" (a cliche I hate) more fully into my everyday psyche, no matter how I am presenting at any given moment.   Lately, I have been studying the psychology of Carl Jung, and can see it has a lot to offer folks like us.  And so, that second blog -- The Four Sided Mountain -- deals with that stuff, the serious, spiritual work of becoming whole.

So, if you like that sort of thing, I invite you to go there . . . me, I like both "sides," the heavy-duty, brain-draining peregrinations, as well as the adolescent, what-brand-of-pantyhose-are-best-for-a-late-night-at-Denny's material.  Perhaps you do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment